Monday, September 13, 2010

When the dog days are over, we shall watch things on VCRs.

Picture courtesy of Florenceandthemachine.net
Hello, this is your conscience speaking. And I'm here to tell you... "The British are coming!" But don't head for the hills!

That's right, boys and girls. Its another British Invasion! Featuring popular bands such as "Florence and The Machine" and "The XX", this new wave of Brits seem to rock a more "indie" vibe. With songs such as "Dog Days are Over", which was featured on the soundtrack of the newly released movie "Eat.Pray.Love" and performed-- in quite the exquisite fashion, I must say-- at the MTV Video Music Awards last night, Florence is definitely making her mark. As well as  The XX, who boast various songs featured on popular television shows such as "Grey's Anatomy" and "Gossip Girl", It seems that the British invasion is only another chart-topper away.

Courtesy of interviewmagazine.com/music/the-xx/
So, in light of the aforementioned British Invasion, I would suggest you do not fight it. Just let it happen. I already have my Florence tickets, My fellow Blogger 'The Girl With One Eye' is going with me. You should get yours, too...










Sources: Time Magazines "A new British invasion?- Five British Indie Bands to Watch"

No comments:

Post a Comment